Saturday 20 August 2011

go reggie

Spotted this article in the Guardian - Reggie Yates is taking part in the Women's Aid Real Man campaign on domestic abuse.

At the end of the article he says "I'm not sure if I would call myself a feminist. I just know that I respect women and that's the most important thing to me." This interests me because I reckon if you think the last sentence in that quote then you are a feminist even if you don't call yourself one. And why that leap seems so vast.

Then you scroll down into the comments - always a dangerous thing to do even in the Guardian - and you see why this is the case.



No wonder he isn't sure whether he would call himself feminist - as many women find the response is not always positive. Good on you, Reggie, for being a real man and being honest.



No comments:

Post a Comment